Lead Poisoning... A Reminder

Posted by KAT on 4/28/2017 to Safety Tips
Lead Poisoning... A Reminder

Lead poisoning, whether in small or substantial amounts, can both severely affect mental and physical development in children as well as in adults. However, children below the age of 6 years old are known to be more susceptible to encountering a lead based material, or object and becoming contaminated. This fact is supported by the idea of younger children who normally tend to put their hands, or items in their mouth. Lead based paint has been seen to be used when making children’s toys, painting older homes before the ban of lead based paint in 1978, or even from the soil in which we plant our fruits and vegetables to be eaten from. Although to this day many of these products have been recalled, and steps have been taken to cease further production of these chemicals, we are still finding lead in our water system from which we bathe in, drink from, wash our hands, rinse our fruits and vegetables, water our plants, and so on.

Free currency converter