Ferno’s Scoop EXL Stretcher provides superior comfort and safety to patients who need spinal immobilization. The Scoop EXL eliminates the need for log-roll maneuvers, which significantly decreases movement to the cervical spine. The ScoopEXL is made from X-ray translucent, lightweight, high-impact composite materials. The two hinged, interlocking pieces allow operators to bring the two halves together beneath the patient and gently scoop them up. Includes three burgundy retraints.
A study in the Jan-March, 2006 issue of the "Prehospital Emergency Care Journal" indicates the Ferno Scoop EXL Stretcher "was found to be as effective as, if not superior to, the standard of care, a rigid long backboard" when used for spinal immobilization.
- Made from lightweight, high-impact composite materials
- Twin Safety Lock® hinge for smooth and nonbinding locking and unlocking
- Includes three burgundy restraints
- Two hinged, interlocking pieces allow operators to gently scoop up a patient without having to roll them, decreasing movement to the cervical spine
- Head section recessed to maintain proper cervical alignment
- Supports a patient in the position found, reducing risk of further injury
- Easy-to clean surface is impervious to fluids.
- Thermally-treated polymer construction does not get too hot or cold, allowing for greater patient comfort.
- Four adjustable length options accommodate patients of different heights.
- Narrow foot end and split-apart design provide easier use in confined space immobilization.
- Oval profile and angled handles provide ergonomic ease of use
- Folds to 47" for compact carrying and storage