The SMART STAT patient simulator offers practitioners at all levels of health care the opportunity for education, evaluation, teamwork skills development and testing. This wireless, tether-less 75-lb. (34 kg) adult trainer operates through Bluetooth technology. Simple Pocket PC (PPC) screens make this an intuitive tool for educators, who can operate SMART STAT within five minutes. Programming skills are not necessary. PPC and necessary programming included. SMART STAT’s rugged construction stands up to military use, at home and abroad, and the simple replacement parts assure economical use and dependability. Use the battery feature for portability or plug it into a wall outlet (110 or 220 AC).
SMART STAT’s features include:
- CNS head with cholinesterase inhibitor toxicity signs: light reactive eyes that can be set to three sizes and/or nonreactive conditions, tears, nasal mucus, foaming mouth, ETCO2 discharge, and prerecorded voice sounds (including vomiting)
- Lips and fingernails with cyanosis and CO flushing
- Bilateral B/P and IV arms
- FAST1 I/O access in the manubrium
- External jugular catheterization
- 5-lead ECG monitoring & defibrillation
- Urinary catheterization with new interchangeable genitalia
- Abdominal sounds in four quadrants
- Fluids onboard, including IV blood and urine output
- Each distal pulse point can be shut down to emulate vascular difficulties or disease states
- Lower left leg battery — up to 31⁄2 hours of operation per charge (extra replacements recommended)
- Updated Manikin Data Editor (MDE), Windows 7, and Vista compatible
- Optional: five line monitor, I/O lower leg, amputated lower right leg and lower left arm with bleeding and response to correct tourniquet application.
- Wireless microphone for instructor dialog
SMART STAT’s other features are based upon the Simulaids PDA STAT product and include:
- On-board air compressor with no external connections or baggage to move
- Advanced Deluxe Intubation Head with: oral and nasal intubation, break-out teeth, tongue edema, laryngospasm, cricothyrotomy, moveable eyelids, and the silicone head skin that utilizes a thinner material capable of allowing the mouth to open naturally when the head is placed in the sniffing position for intubation
- Heart and lung sounds: 6 anterior and 4 posterior lung sound speakers and 4 heart sound speakers allowing for sounds to be heard in appropriate places. For instance, stridor is only heard in the upper lung speakers, wheezes bases is only heard in the four lower lung speakers, etc.
- 12 always active pulse points, in pairs, at these locations: carotid, femoral, popliteal, pedal (dorsal arch), brachial, and radial
- Distal pulses drop off with B/P set below 70 mmHg systolic
- B/P settings of systolic and diastolic values with individual settings for the amplitude of the speaker sounds and to obtain an auscultatory gap
- IM/SubQ injection sites bilaterally in deltoid and on right thigh
- Bilateral chest complications of tension pneumothorax and chest tube insertion — no damage done to manikin and re-use is immediately available (replacement skins included)
- Spontaneous respirations with chest movement
- Stomach distention
- Options for various Casualty Simulation Kits that depict wound and disease states
Portability and economy are the words which best describe SMART STAT. Serving multiple locations is now possible with a minimum of logistical problems. The manikin offers the advantage of significant cost control for tight budgets. Training documentation appears in the Manikin Data Editor (MDE) and substantiates both student performance and minimizes liability through a MS Word format.
The MDE controls student lists for use during session recordings. Create a list, indicate which students’ names will appear on your PPC through ActiveSync, and select a name on your PPC to start a session recording. After your sessions, use ActiveSync again and your records are available on your PC for printing, editing, and archiving. You may use the MDE for building your scenarios. Your experience with the PPC, in operating the manikin, builds the knowledge base necessary for using what is available on the MDE for scenario line item selections. Simply establish a time line and click the choices you want the SMART STAT to emulate. Once your scenario is built, the ActiveSync process puts them on your PPC for use during student sessions.
Track student behavior associated with patient assessment and treatment modalities via the Events screen on the PPC. “There are simple drop down lists for Actions to take or Medications” to administer that allow the instructor to document what students do. These selections coincide with the chronological list of events happening during the session and/or the scenario running at that time. Documentation is printed from your PC after ActiveSync operations transfer the files.
A select number of Simulaids’ Distributors have qualified to demonstrate this advanced patient simulator. Please contact Simulaids customer service for the most up-to-date list of representatives serving your area. The limited product warranty covers one year, and an Extended Warranty program offers an additional two years of coverage.
- SMART STAT patient simulator
- Pocket PC
- Installation programs for both SMART
- STAT and Pocket PC
- 1 battery leg
- Charging systems for both the manikin battery and the PPC battery
- Standard sets of replacement parts, including: pneumothorax pads, IV veins, IM injection sites, pericardiocentesis pads, FAST1 pads, cricothyrotomy neck skins, sets of teeth, and lubrication for intubation
- Emergent heart and lung sounds (diagnostic sounds optional)
- 17 ECG rhythms with variations
- Fluid reservoir filling device, storage bottles, and solution recipes
- B/P cuff with special alteration for use with SMART STAT
- Embroidered STAT Simulator shorts
- Set of 5 defibrillation site adapters
- Hard carry case with wheels
- Operating manual, and PPC manual
NOTE: Defibrillation with hands-free pad technology requires the use of a training cable, the item number depends upon your defibrillation unit manufacturer’s name since they all have different connectors to the defib lead. The chest post adapters, furnished with the patient simulator, are used in conjunction with the training cable.