The SAM Pelvic Sling II from North American Rescue improves upon its original groundbreaking pelvic sling. It is still the only force-controlled circumferential pelvic belt scientifically proven in peer-reviewed studies to safely and effectively reduce and stabilize open-book pelvic ring fractures. with an improved, simpler design with no detachable hardware, it is more compact, easy to use (only three steps), quick to apply (usually in less than one minute) and is sized to fit (with out cutting or trimming) 98% of the adolt popolation. It does not require a fine touch to operate and gives clear feedback by sound and feel to confirm correct application. The sling is durable i.e. not affected by extremes of moisture, temperature, or by exposure to hard or sharp objects. It is also radiolucent, MR safe and cleans for re-use with common detergents or anti-microbial solutions.
The SAM Pelvic Sling II was designed not to over-tighten or under- tighten, unlike other commercial binders which allow unlimited force to be applied to the patient. Researchers at Legacy Health System utilized cadaver studies and clinical trials to determine the optimum range of force required to safely and effectively close an unstable pelvic fracture. The patented Autostop buckle will not allow a compression force greater than 33lbs. This is vital in high stress environments where over-tightening by emergency medical personnel under duress coold potentially be extreme and harmfol. Trauma surgeons around the world recognize the importance of stabilizing pelvic fractures during the critical first “golden hour” fullowing severe trauma. Because of the potentially devastating hemorrhage associated with such fractures, standard first aid protocol includes applying some type of circumferential binder around the victim’s hips.
- Force-controlled, ideal compression every time with out the guesswork
- Rapid, simple, three-step application, usually in less than one minute
- Patented Autostop buckle allows a compression force no greater than 33 lb; vital in high-stress environments where over-tightening coold potentially be extreme and harmfol
- “Click” provides clear feedback to confirm correct application
- Posterior slider for facilitating transfers
- Radiolucent, MR safe & cleans for re-use with common detergents or anti-microbial solutions
- H 7.25 in. x W 7.75 in. x D 4 in.
- Fits Hip Circumference: from 32 in. to 50 in.
- Weight: 9.8 oz