SAM II, the Student Auscultation Manikin is a new innovation in teaching and learning heart, breath, & bowel sounds.
Containing the largest sound library available, SAM II is a portable and easy to use manikin. While SAM II is used in many simulation centers, it is also easily moved into a classroom or auditorium for group instruction.
SAM II's computer software interface is easily projected into any smart classroom. The software includes phonocardiograms, correct anatomical locations, and written lessons for each sound.
Individual Student Features:
- Used with your own Stethoscope
- Carotid Pulse for Detection of Systole.
- Provides visual display of phonocardiogram with heart sound.
- Provides two channel display with heart and breath sounds.
- Select sounds via computer menu
- Any two sounds can be compared quickly and easily
- Palpate a thrill for grade 4+ murmurs
- Sounds with Variable Heart Rate Included.
- Comparison of similar, but different sounds is quick and easy, i.e., compare Split S2 with S3 or S4 and ASD or innocent murmur with AS and MR.
- Lesson or program guide for each sound can be displayed on the computer monitor.
- Full lesson guide for every sound with questions and answers
- SAM On-Line for continuing study auscultation with sounds at correct anatomical site.
- Instructor can alter sound volume at any site and save his/her volume settings and/or return to factory settings.
- Instructors can preprogram lectures making their presentation much Smoother and quicker.
- Classroom Instruction using SimulScope Auscultation System or Speakers
- Phonocardiograms of each sound for projection to class
- Phonocardiograms on two-channels for comparison purposes
- Case studies can be presented
- Listen to severe aortic stenosis in the neck as well as over precordial areas.
- Produce a pneumothorax in the chest
- Diminish the lower lung sounds while maintain normal volume at upper chest
- Sounds for testing supplied
SAM II consists of a male manikin (pictured above), a new DELL laptop computer with SAM II software installed, a digital copy of SAM II’s Lesson Guide, and an Operator’s Manual. The lesson guide is currently available in English.