Take the glamour out of teen pregnancy and demonstrate the realities of the real world to your students. Newborn-size dolls represents a baby of a teen mom - 5 lbs. 8 oz., 20" long. Nasco’s Ready-or-Not Tots provide the most for your money. They require the student/parent to give multiple types of care with easy recording for the student and quick evaluation and grading for the teacher. You will never have to worry if students neglected the manikin. Ready-or-Not Tot uses set programs so the teacher always knows when the manikin requires care. Student response to the manikin’s needs are easily checked using the template provided.
Finally, a crying parenting manikin to teach teen pregnancy prevention! Cries at pre-selected intervals around the clock. The student will press a button to quiet the manikin for a 10-minute tending time. When tending is completed, the manikin will cry and student will again push the button to put manikin to sleep. Teaches students the demands of parenting as well as proper baby handling and care. Non-sexed.
Used to teach many parenting concepts:
- How to quiet and comfort a real baby.
- How a baby should be held, diapered, fed, burped, and more.
- Babies’ needs can be costly.
- What it takes to be a good parent.
- Babies cry for many reasons; they require constant care and attention.
- A baby means lifestyle changes, which can cause loneliness, isolation, and loss of friends.
- Day care and babysitting are a normal part of parenting, but not always available or affordable.