The PneumoSim is a unique teaching instrument. It contains both simulated and real breath sounds. The underlying theory is that the student can learn the sounds more easily using simulated sounds, then listen to the same sound under study from a real patient.
When using the simulated sounds, the instructor (or student) can control many of the aspects of how the sounds are presented. They can be played just as they are or they can be altered. Because of the great variety of sounds produced by patients, it is difficult to produce a single sound of a particular condition that fits everyone.
The PneumoSim can be added to the CardioSim VII Digital Heart Sound Simulator. In this mode, the total system will present breath sounds, heart sounds, arrhythmia recognition, echocardiograms, chest X-rays, and 12 lead electrocardiograms.
- Produces 26 common breath and adventitious sounds
- Allows changes in I:E ratio
- Permits changing pause at end of expiration and/or inspiration
- Place adventitious sounds in any part of inspiratory or expiratory cycle
- Control respiration rate
- Record sounds for later playback