Recommended by CoTCCC for the prevention of hypothermia during casualty care, the patented HPMK with reinforced Heat Reflective Shell is strong, flexible, lightweight & impervious to wind & rain. The HRS, the kit’s ruggedized outer shell, is constructed of a 4-ply, composite fabric with a protected non-conductive reflective layer that provides excellent thermal insolation. Rapid 360° access to the casualty with minimal exposure to the elements is achieved through the use of 1.5 in. continuous Velcro closures located along the perimeter of the covering. The HRS also features a built-in hood, fluid absorption pad & top-to-bottom tapered shape to maximize isothermal capabilities. The heat-generating source of the HPMK is a self-heating, oxygen-activated shell liner designed to sustain 6 hours of continuous dry heat at 106ºF (no external power supply required). This low cube kit is vacuum-packaged in a rugged, pliable pouch featuring NAR’s Red Tip Technology with tabs that allow easy access and rapid deployment.
- TCCC-recommended hypothermia prevention solution during casualty care
- Sustains 6 hours of continuous dry heat to 106ºF with oxygen-activated, self-heating liner (no external power supply required)
- Constructed of 4-ply composite fabric with protected non-conductive reflective layer that provides excellent thermal insolation
- Tapered shape from top to bottom to maximize isothermal capabilities
- Built-in hood & integrated fluid absorption pad
- Continuous 1.5 in. Velcro closures for rapid 360° access to the casualty with minimal exposure to the elements
- Reinforced and weight tested to support 250+ lb
- Vacuum-packaged in a durable pouch for a protective, low-cube footprint
- Storage pouch features NAR’s Red Tip Technology with tabs that allow easy access and rapid deployment
- U.S. Patent 7,766,950 B2
- 1 x Heat Reflective Shell (HRS) with built-in hood
- 1 x Self-heating shell liner
- 1 x Plastic vacuum bag
- Packaged (HPMK): H 6.75 in. x W 10.5 in. x D 5.5 in.
- Weight (HPMK): 3 lb 8 oz
- Heat Reflective Shell (Open): L 78 in. x W 43 in.