Whether you’re a manager, supervisor, small business owner, or human resource administrator, employment law can be confusing. However, the Medical Employer’s Guide from Blue Gavel Press presents you with the materials necessary to make sense of the sensitive legal matters encompassing the employer-employee relationship. Updated annually and written to avoid “legalese,” this guide keeps you current and informed in the issues that maintain a healthy alliance between you and your employees.
Among the many updates throughout this edition, highlights include:
- New discussion of legal restrictions on social media policies under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), which prohibit policies that interfere with an employee's right to communicate with co-workers about the terms and conditions of employment
- A ruling by the National Labor Relations Board regarding the ability of medical employers to prohibit employees from wearing pro-union buttons, ribbons, or other insignia.
- New mandatory workplace poster informing employees of their rights under the NLRA.
- The Vow to Hire Heroes Act of 2011, which contains federal tax incentives for employers that hire veterans who are disabled, unemployed, or receiving government assistance
- Updated section on the federal Genetic Information Discriminatory Act, including new recordkeeping requirements and a discussion of employee wellness programs
Though the Medical Employer’s Guide focuses on federal employment law, various charts discussing state laws can also be found throughout the material. In addition, contact information for state and federal agencies, as well as citations for the information covered, can be found at the end of each chapter.
Format: Looseleaf in Binder
Last Updated: April 2012