The SimPad System
SimPad replaced the now retired VitalSim, but they are backward compatible. SimPad will only work with compatible Laerdal products.
When simulation tools are easy to use, teaching becomes more effective. The SimPad system is designed in close collaboration with simulation users over many years to ensure an easy and efficient way to run simulations.
SimPad is backward compatible with the VitalSim platform and will take your simulation program to a new level. So, overnight SimPad and your older manikins can transform the learning to be a truly immersive simulation experience.
You can apply more relevant functionality to your existing VitalSim products - such as an intuitive touchscreen with Automatic Mode and Manual Mode. In addition, there is a portable patient monitor that includes SpO2 and temperature parameters, and the Log Viewer application. You will now be able to maximize the potential of every learning experience.
SimPad/VitalSim Capable Manikins:
- MegaCode Kelly (#200-05050): MegaCode Kelly is a realistic manikin for training in a wide range of advanced life saving skills in pre-hospital emergencies.
- MegaCode Kid (#231-05050): MegaCode Kid has a realistic airway, an extensive library of ECG rhythms, defibrillation and pacing capabilities, and allows drug administration and intraosseous infusion to teach emergency skills.
- Nursing Anne (#325-05050): Nursing Anne is an efficient, effective, flexible manikin for clinical training in women’s health, obstetrics, post-partum, wound assessment and care, and general patient assessment and care.
- Nursing Kelly (#300-05050): Nursing Kelly is a full-body, lifelike manikin designed to teach all skills from basic patient handling to advanced nursing, including the measurement of noninvasive blood pressure and the auscultation and recognition of normal and abnormal heart, lung and bowel sounds.
- Nursing Baby (#365-05050): Nursing Baby is an infant manikin designed for scenario-based training of the care and management of a variety of infant in-hospital patients.
- ALS Simulator (#205-05050): The Advanced Life Support Patient Simulator is a realistic interactive training manikin for simulating a wide range of advanced life saving skills.
- SimPad Sounds Trainer (#200-20150): TheSimPad Sounds Trainer allows teaching multiples of students in auscultation and recognition of over forty normal and abnormal heart, breath and bowel sounds.
- SimPad Blood Pressure Trainer (#375-42050): For training in the procedure of non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP) measurement. Auscultated and palpated blood pressure simulation.
- SimPad Arrhythmia Trainer (#200-20250): Extensive ECG rhythm collection based on the SimMan 3G ECG library. Variations for 3-4 lead rhythm recognition using a standard clinical monitor.
When simulation tools are easy to use, teaching becomes more effective. SimPad has been designed in close collaboration with simulation users, from many disciplines, to ensure it provides an easy and efficient way to run simulations.
SimPad gives you the confidence to know that you can run simulations quickly and efficiently. With its large, intuitive touch screen design, SimPad is virtually a "Pick up and Play" experience, allowing you to easily deliver highly effective simulation-based education.
With SimPad, you'll spend less time learning how to use the technology, and more time teaching. SimPad will improve your ability to deliver valid, high quality simulations more efficiently. It's an easier way to achieve your learning objectives.
Imagine maximizing every teaching experience
You can now put more educational power into your current educational program.Complete
SimPad can also be used with non-manikin simulations, such as standardized patients or task trainers. Simply run the scenario in Automatic Mode, log the learning events and use the Log Viewer application for post-event debriefing and evaluation.
Experience a new level of simulation mobility
Picture what total mobility can do for your simulation learning experience. With SimPad you'll be able to help learners prepare for any situation or environment, which will enhance the learning experience like never before.
SimPad's portability will make set up time and transportation faster, easier and more convenient. But ultimately, it's the freedom you'll have to make training more clinically relevant that will change the readiness of students to provide the best patient care.
SimPad is built to Laerdal's industry-leading high standards, ensuring quality, ruggedness and durability.
SUPPORTA world of simulation resources in the palm of your hand
Having access to the teaching and management resources you need, when you need them, can make all the difference in the simulation learning. Whether you're training on a simulator, task trainer, or with a standardized patient, you'll be able to teach with increased confidence knowing that you're an integrated part of a bigger simulation community. This will truly make simulation easier!
With SimPad, you'll have access to teaching and management resources to support your educational needs. SimPad provides access to SimCenter to provide validated simulation content, management tools and assessment tools to get the most from every teaching experience.
SimStore Enjoy easy access to validated worldwide content
- SimManager Optimize your data and resources
- SimView - Get the most learning out of every event