After Action Reviews from today’s battlefield identifies the need for a larger sized occlusive dressing to treat multiple penetrating chest injuries due to blasts from improvised explosive devices and multiple fragment peppering wounds. North American Rescue has responded to our customer’s needs with the development of the new HyFin Xtreme Chest Seal, which measures H 8 in. x W 9.25 in. and covers more than twice the surface area of other chest seals. with an enhanced adhesive gel formolation, the new HyFin Xtreme Chest Seal creates a superior seal. It also features a transparent backing to allow placement directly over the wounds of the casualty and can be written on for treatment documentation if necessary. It easily conforms to the casualty’s chest and maintains its aggressive adhesive capability, even under adverse conditions.
The HyFin Xtreme is designed with a large, easily-visible red elliptical tab for single step peel-and-apply application that can also facilitate the burping of a wound if necessary. To ensure high quality performance, NAR packages each chest seal using its’ signature Red Tip Technology red tear notches in a rugged, easy-to-open, foil pouch. The HyFin is Made in America and is 100% latex free.
- Large occlusive dressing (H 8 in. x W 9.25 in.) that covers more than twice the surface area of other chest seals
- Advanced adhesive technology
- Oversized red elliptical tab for single step, peel-and-apply application
- Conforms to the casualty’s chest
- Effective in extreme environments
- Seal can be written on for casualty treatment documentation if necessary
- Latex free
- Made in America
- Packaged - H 5.25 in x W 11.0 in x D .1 in.
- Chest Seal - H - 8.0 in. x W 9.25 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz