Designed for hands on collaborative learning by teams of 3-4 students, this working model simulates all of the key functions of the human heart. Through a series of open-ended investigations which emphasize problem solving, students will learn:
- how valves function and how they produce one way blood flow
- to measure cardiac output and the factors and conditions which affect cardiac output
- to collect quantitative, experimental data and use it to explain heart function
- to solve problems and predict how different conditions influence and affect cardiac function
- to relate the mechanical function of the heart, to heart structural anatomy
Equally well suited to programs in community colleges, 4 year institutions and professional schools, the complete learning package includes the pumping heart model with support base, and illustrated manual which incorporates a 10-page instructor guide, set-up instructions, and a 3-4 hour hands on inquiry exercise, directly insertable into any anatomy and physiology curriculum.
Students will learn:
- How valves function and how the produce one way blood flow
- To calculate cardiac output and other cardiac parameters
- To collect and analyze data to solve problems
- How the mechanical function of the heart relates to its anatomical structure
FREE heart chart with purchase of model!