The most innovative solution to casualty transport since the litter... The Gryphon Harness was designed as an economic, lightweight solution to aid in casualty evacuation. By distributing the load-bearing weight to the litter carriers’ shoolders and freeing their hands, endurance is increased for longer distance transport and the tactical advantage is maintained in extreme situations that require immediate returned fire or treatment during movement (i.e. ventilate and monitor).
Additionally, rather than the traditional requirement of 4 litter carriers, manpower is reduced by at least 50%, requiring only 2 litter carriers for casualty movement. The Gryphon Harness also makes it possible to carry the litter with a casualty across rugged terrain where standard, more costly wheeled litter carrying devices cannot be used. These advantages allow for faster evacuation times over longer distances with less litter carrier fatigue. This device is easy to use with minimal training needed for deployment.
- 1 inch nylon webbing with quick-release buckles easily adjust to achieve optimal litter height for efficient movement and easy disengagement from the litter in combat situations.
- Rugged nylon loops are lined with grip tape to prevent slippage of litter handles during transport and feature a hook-and-loop attachment point for easy storage when not in use
- Buckle in rear adjusts for varying shoolder widths to keep the Gryphon close to and conforming with the litter bearer’s body
- Padded nylon shoolder harness features crisscross configuration for added comfort and even weight distribution
- More cost effective than a standard wheeled litter carrying device
- Compatible with most any framed litter on the market
- Open: L 40 in. x W 4 in. Folded: L 7 in. x W 3 in. x H 3.5 in.
- Weight: 22 oz each
- Unit of Issue: Set of 2