This course covers the importance of having industrial machine hazards properly guarded and protected against. This course is aligned with OSHA General Industry standards and industry best practices. It is meant to be used as an introductory or refresher course for general industry workers who will be operating or working near industrial machinery.
Based on: OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart O: Machinery and Machine Guarding Industry best practices
Machine Guarding (Equipment Safety) - Copyright 2012. Run time: 20 minutes. Test time: 12 minutes. Total time: 32 minutes.
Machine Guarding (Equipment Safety) - Learning Objectives
- Summarize the main goal of OSHA's machine guarding regulations
- Identify common machine hazards
- Identify common behaviors that cause most machine accidents
- Identify the requirements for machine guarding
- Describe the three main categories of machine guarding
- Identify examples of common machine guards
- Describe best practices when working with machine guarding