This course covers basic guidelines and best practices for working safely around common hydraulic equipment. From bottle jacks to forklifts and shop equipment, this course provides important information on the principles of hydraulics and the hazards that hydraulic systems can present. Based on OSHA documents and industry experience, this course is designed to help workers understand how to recognize common hydraulic hazards and avoid serious injuries.
Based on: Industry Best Practices
Hydraulic Fluid Safety (Equipment Safety) - Copyright 2011. Run time: 17 minutes. Test time: 11 minutes. Total time: 28 minutes.
Hydraulic Fluid Safety - Learning Objectives
- Identify the major components of a hydraulic system
- Describe how hydraulic systems work
- Describe the hazards presented by hydraulic fluid
- Describe guidelines for installation, normal operation, inspection, repair and replacement
- List in order the steps that should be followed in the event that a coworker is sprayed with hydraulic fluid
- List guidelines that should be followed in the event that a coworker receives a pinhole injection of hydraulic fluid