Burns are a common occurrence in life, including at work. These may be something as simple as a sunburn or as frightening as a radiation burn. Burns are generally discussed in terms of their severityï¿½first degree, second degree, and third degree. In this course, youï¿½ll learn how to prevent burns from occurring at work, how to recognize the degree of a burn, how to provide first aid for different degrees of burns, and how to provide first aid for special types of burns, including electrical burns, burns from chemical spills, and thermal (heat) burns.
Based on: Industry Standards and Best Practices
First Aid - Burns - Copyright 2015. Run time: 17 minutes. Test time: 11 minutes. Total time: 28 minutes.
First Aid - Burns - Learning Objectives
- List two ways to avoid being burned at work
- Explain the difference between first, second, and third degree burns
- Identify first, second, and third degree burns
- Explain the first aid to provide for first and second degree burns
- Explain the first aid to provide for third degree burns
- Explain the first aid to give for sunburns
- Explain special aspects of the first aid to provide for chemical burns
- Explain special aspects of the first aid to provide for electrical burns