We see them hanging on the wall every day but most people know very little about fire extinguishers. Use this course to educate your team on the fire tetrahedron, the types of fires that can occur in the workplace, and how and when to use a fire extinguisher. This course also describes when to evacuate and provides some proper maintenance tips for fire extinguishers.
Based on: 29 CFR 1910.157: Portable Fire Extinguishers
Fire Extinguisher Safety - Copyright 2016. Run time: 27 minutes. Test time: 17 minutes. Total time: 44 minutes.
Fire Extinguisher Safety - Learning Objectives
- Identify and describe the elements in the fire tetrahedron
- Differentiate between the classifications of fire
- Describe the basics of how a fire extinguisher works
- Differentiate between the types of fire extinguishers
- Describe the rating system used for fire extinguishers
- State when to use a fire extinguisher
- List in order the steps for using a portable fire extinguisher (PASS)
- State when to evacuate due to fire
- Describe proper fire extinguisher maintenance