Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of The Journal of Trauma
The C-A-T is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A Hook and Loop strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- Windlass rod is twice as strong as before with an increased diameter and improved grip
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application
- Featuring NAR's Red Tip Technology with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Open Length: 37.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz