This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer
The Classroom Challenger turns the presentation of any topic into an exciting competition. Students become actively involved in the learning process in a fun and effective way. Each team or individual has a response module that communicates with teacher monitor control module. The question is asked or problem described. When the first team to solve the problem presses their button, several things happen simultaneously: A buzzer sounds. All other teams are locked out and the first responding team’s module starts its unique flashing mode. The second and third responding teams’ modules begin flashing in second and third place flashing modes. The timer begins ticking off the allowable response time. The first team must respond correctly within the preset allowable time or a second buzzer will cut them off. The second and third responding teams then have the opportunity to answer the question.
- Teacher monitor buzzes when teams respond and records the first three responses.
- Student modules light up and blink at varying rate for the first three teams that respond.
- First team has a preselected time to respond before a second buzzer goes off.
- Teacher monitor selects the second team that responded if the first team fails to answer correctly, then the third team.
- Large, heavy-duty, industrial rated slap switch and on/off switch with LED indicator light to extend battery life.
- Powered by low-voltage AC adapter or plug-in “C” cell battery pack (AC adapter included; batteries not included).
- Low battery indicator light.
- Response times are adjustable in five second increments up to 30 seconds.
- Buzzer has adjustable volume control.
- Package comes in a soft, padded storage case. Nylon web handle is adjustable to shoulder strap length.
- One-year warranty.
Extended reach and easy setup. Students response modules have 25-ft. flexible cables with quick release plugs. Teacher reset module features 25-ft. cable for easy classroom mobility. Capacity can be extended to include up to 14 modules. Package includes six of the maximum 14 student response modules. Additional student modules may be purchased separately (see SB22728U).