Everyone Can Be A Hero!
A flexible and interactive program that teaches students to correctly perform the Abdominal Thrust Maneuver with the aid of the Anti Choking Trainer in various choking rescue scenarios, including self-rescue and victim rescue. The 7 day program will teach skills and increase student knowledge of the American Heart Association Choking Rescue Protocol.
Goals of the Curriculum:
- Teach students the necessary skills to correctly identify a choking victim.
- Enable students to identify items in their environment that are known choking hazards.
- Instruct students in emergency medical/ first aid vocabulary used in choking rescue scenarios.
- Train students to effectively perform the Abdominal Thrust Maneuver (Heimlich Maneuver) with the aid of an Anti Choking Trainer on themselves (self-rescue), another student, or a manikin.
- Teach the skills and increase student knowledge of the AHA Choking Rescue Protocol.
- Enhance student cognitive and behavioral competency to instruct others in the Choking Rescue Protocol with the aid of the Anti Choking Trainer.
- Help students develop greater self-confidence so they will not hesitate to save a choking victim-or themselves-if theyï¿½re alone and choking.
Available in both Manual, 25 pages and CD-ROM. Each Includes downloadable assessment materials and Certificates of Program Completion.