This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Please also see another option here NII-VE-HC
The AccuVein AV300 is a revolutionary tool for helping to locate veins for medical procedures.
It is portable and lightweight, weighing only 10 ounces (280g). It is as simple to use as pointing the device at an area of the skin and clicking to display the peripheral veins beneath. Since the device has been designed to be non-contact, no sterilization between uses may be needed. It runs on a rechargeable battery, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in to an electrical outlet. The AccuVein AV300 is useful for a variety of patients in many settings and serves to supplement existing venipuncture techniques.
- Point and click Simply aim the portable vein finder at an area of skin and click to locate the veins beneath the skin’s surface.
- Small size The AV300 weighs only 10 ounces and is easily handheld. When not in use, it’s small enough to carry in the pocket of scrubs or uniforms.
- Hands-free option In situations that require hands-free use, the AV300 quickly attaches to a chair or bedrail.
- Non-contact Because the AV300 has been designed not to come into contact with the patient, the device may not require sterilization between uses.
- Works in light or dark The AV300 effectively locates veins under light or dark lighting conditions.
- Rechargeable battery The AV300 doesn’t need to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Real world ruggedness Designed to take the wear and tear of hospital and field applications.
- Movement tolerant Because the AV300 shows the veins in real time, the device can accommodate patient movement, when operated properly, a critical feature for venous access procedures performed on children and restless or combative patients.