Disclaimer: This eBook will be processed and emailed manually during regular business hours. This means delivery could be a day or two after time of purchase depending on when you place your order.
This item is non-refundable
Updated to reflect the new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR And ECC
This Course builds on the foundation of lifesaving basic life support (BLS) skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communications, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke and acute coronary syndromes.
Designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS Course Completion Card for job or other requirements.
Designed for use by a single student, and as a reference tool before, during and after the course. The Manual provides students access to a website containing mandatory and supplemental information and reference materials including the ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment (must pass with a score of 70% or higher), to help them complete the course.
Skills are taught in large-group sessions and small-group learning and testing stations where case based scenarios are presented.
- Apply the BLS, Primary and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patientsPerform prompt, high-quality BLS, including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Discuss early recognition and management of ACS and stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Recognize and perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient's physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency team may improve patient outcomes
- Define systems of care
For successful course completion
- Students must demonstrate skills competency in all learning stations
- Pass the high-quality BLS skills test
- Bag-mask ventilation with OPA/NPA insertion skills test
- Megacode Test
They also must pass the ACLS exam with a score of 84% or higher. Upon successful completion, students receive an ACLS Course Completion Card.
- Internet Explorer v9 (partial support - some features may not work as expected)
- Internet Explorer v10 and above (full support)
- Mozilla Firefox v30 and above
- Google Chrome v35 and above
- Opera v23 and above
- Safari v5.3
- Firefox v18
- Opera v23 and above
Note: for full functionality, Flash v18.0.0 160 and up is required
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Available memory space 500MB and above
- Android 4.0 or later, access to Google Play Market. Download AHA Ebooks free app available through the Google Play store.
- RAM 2 GB
- Available Memory space 500MB and above
PC or MAC Offline Viewing
- To access AHA ebooks offline, first download the iPublishCentral reader from the My Bookshelf page at http://ebooks.heart.org using an Internet connection and current access rights to the title(s)
- Adobe Air, latest version
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- 500 MB memory available
- Android 4.0 or later
- Access to Google Play Market
- Download AHA ebooks free app available through the Google Play store
- RAM 2 GB available
- 500MB memory available